How To Get Involved
"In the Catholic tradition, responsible citizenship is a virtue; participation in the political process is a moral obligation." - USCCB 2003 Statement "Faithful Citizenship: A Catholic Call to Political Responsibility"
Promoting life and social justice in the State of Montana is very rewarding both personally and for those who benefit from our work. Additionally, we are called by the Church to care for the poor and marginalized.
The Montana Catholic Conference would be honored to have your assistance in acheiving its goals. Not everyone can dedicate 40+ hours a week to promoting life and social justice. We understand that you have jobs and families and many other issues in your lives that take considerable time and energy.
When numerous individuals are able to provide limited support through their time, energy or fiscal means, MCC is able to advocate, teach, lobby and organize for those in need.
Discuss with your family and pray about what you can offer. Even if your contributions are limited, you can help make a difference. Here are a few of the many ways you can help:
- Learn About Catholic Social Teachings
- Become informed about social justice issues
- Learn about State Government
- Volunteer your time at one of the many Catholic charities or associated organizations
- Join the leadership for the Affirming The Culture of Life Conference or the Montana Catholic Bishop's Social Justice Summit
- Write letters to the editor
- Write letters to your government leaders
- Make a donation. No amount is too small.
- Become a sponsor of the Affirming the Culture of Life Conference
- Pray, pray and pray!
for more information on how you can get involved with these important issues.